Comforting Palliative care at VNA of Erie County focuses on easing the patient’s pain, symptoms and stress. Palliative care treats the life-limiting symptoms caused by medical treatments or the disease itself, while supporting the patient’s and family’s hope for a cure.
Are your days disrupted by discomfort?
Do you experience chronic pain, nausea, vomiting or other life-limiting symptoms?
Do you have trouble breathing?
Are you getting chemotherapy, dialysis, radiation therapy or other forms of treatment?
Are you admitted to the hospital frequently?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, perhaps VNA Comfort/Palliative Care can help.
Is VNA Comfort/Palliative Care the Right Choice?
- Palliative care at VNA of Erie County is a plan of treatment that relieves suffering and improves the quality of the patient’s life.
- Palliative care provides comfort, with focus on the management of pain and other life-disrupting symptoms, while offering emotional and spiritual support to patient and family.
- Palliative care can be provided to those pursuing aggressive or curative treatments for a chronic condition or to those patients facing terminal illness.
The goal of Palliative Care is to relieve suffering and pain of life-disrupting symptoms, and is available to the patient who is undergoing medical treatments such as:
- Radiation therapy
- Pain management treatment
- Treatment for shortness of breath and similar therapies
Contact us for more information about Palliative Care.