Redefining the Standard of Getting Help
Nearly 40 years ago, Philips Lifeline founded the medical alert service industry with one mission: to help you live independently and confidently. Today, we have served over 7 million subscribers and continue to lead the industry in providing meaningful, first-in-class innovations to help you and your loved ones have access to help 24/7.
We’ve redefined the standard of getting help with our latest technology: Lifeline with AutoAlert. Finally a help button that is able to address the needs of the over 13 million seniors that will fall this year, with over half not able to get up on their own.
Most Advanced: Lifeline with AutoAlert System
A simple fall can have devastating consequences for the elderly. If you fall, you can become disoriented, immobilized, or knocked unconscious and unable to call for help. We respond to the need for access to help in the event of a fall with Lifeline with AutoAlert. Lifeline with AutoAlert is the first pendant-style help button that can automatically place a call for help if it detects a fall and you’re unable to push the button yourself.
Automatic Access to Help If a Fall Is Detected
Lifeline with AutoAlert is our most advanced medical alert system. It features the most widely adopted, proven fall-detection technology in the U.S. medical alert market today. AutoAlert detects more than 95% of falls and can automatically place a call for help if it detects a fall.* For individuals with a history, risk, or fear of falling, Lifeline with AutoAlert can be an excellent choice. The Lifeline with AutoAlert Service includes a Communicator, the AutoAlert Personal Help Button, and 24/7 access to our U.S.-based Response Center.
Now – no phone line needed!
To order Lifeline with AutoAlert
call: 800-543-3546 ext 2815
IMPORTANT: Program code PA774
Philips Medication Dispensing Service
Sometimes its not possible to be there when your loved one needs to take their medication. The Philips Medication Dispensing Service makes it easy to know what medication to take at what time.
The dispenser is connected to the senior’s telephone line, so if the senior misses a dose, the dispenser can contact you or another family member. You can then check on the senior to make sure they are getting their medication.
Medication Errors are Common and Costly
Seniors rely on their medications to keep them healthy, but complex medication schedules can lead to mistakes: missing doses, taking incorrect amounts, or taking medicines at the wrong times. These mistakes could lead to unnecessary doctor or hospital visits, illness and even death.
- For seniors, approximately 1 out of 10 hospital admissions are the result of the incorrect use of medications.
- Not taking medications correctly can have serious consequences, including increased discomfort, inadequate disease prevention and possibly even death.
Patients who follow the directions of their doctors and pharmacists by taking their medications in the prescribed amounts at the right times can reduce the health risks associated with medication errors. In the area of dispensing adherence, the Philips Medication Dispensing Service shines with a dispensing adherence rate among monitored subscribers of 98.6 percent.
Who Needs the Philips Medication Dispensing Service
The Philips Medication Dispensing Service can help seniors who:
- Have one or more chronic conditions
- Take multiple medications or have complex medication regimens
- They may want to take medications properly
- They may have been hospitalized already for misuse of medication
- They are at risk for complications, hospitalizations, admission to facility for round-the-clock care
- May have cognitive impairment
- Have limited mobility and are at risk for falls
- Require assistance with medication today
The Philips Medication Dispensing Service can help seniors:
- Take medication on schedule, from convenient pre-filled dosage cups
- Reduce the risk of unplanned hospital or doctor visits related to incorrect medication use
- Remain independent at home
The Philips Medication Dispensing Service serves caregivers by helping them support loved ones when they can’t be there. It can help:
- Reduce the risk of accidental over or under dosing when no one is there to help
- Reduce the risk of unnecessary medical complications and unplanned hospitalizations
- Maintain independence and peace of mind
- Dispenses up to 60 cups
- Accommodates 1 to 40 days of medicine
- Holds up to 6 doses per day
- Reminder alerts for non-pill medications
- Reminder alerts for instructions on taking meds
- Optional early-dose feature
To order Philips Medication Dispensing Service
call: 800-242-1306 ext 4975
IMPORTANT: Program code PM703